Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

A very Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Valentine's Day on Pink Saturday? What could be more appropriate! Visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see how other Pinkies are celebrating Saturday! (But be forewarned -- I fear my palette is both pink and red today!)

I'm going to take you to my favorite candy shop -- Fabiano's in Lansing, Michigan.

It's a charming shop, and one that has been in business a long while. They make most of their candies, and they are delicious -- and always beautiful. Which of these lovely boxes do you prefer?

This one gets right to the point...

I'm rather fond of this one...

But my favorites are these!

Of course, if you're talking favorite candy, then it's these wonderfully soft mints -- well, not all mint -- there's a cinnamon one there, too!

Everywhere you look, everything is lovely.

Even the chocolate roses!

Of course, I think I prefer the real thing!

Who could resist these cuties? Yummy, too!

As for me, I'm just waiting for my Valentine -- in great anticipation!

And here's a special message to my Valentine...

I've been hard at work all week on his special gift -- an annual tradition. Each year, I make a poetry "yearbook" with lots of photos from the past year and poems related to lots of those things.

Hopefully, I won't be pulling an all-nighter!

Happy Valentine's Day!


23 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR JEANIE,
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.
LOVE...LOVE...YOUR POST. I SURE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE EMPTY VALENTINES BOXES. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A WEAKNESS FOR CANDY BOXES.
I LOVE THE GIFT OF WRITING POETRY WITH PICTURES. WHAT A PRICELESS GIFT TO GIVE SOMEONE.
BLESSINGS
debbie

BONNIE K said...

This reminds me of being a kid and decorating those boxes where other kids could drop their valentines. Remember those days? Those were the days when everyone was kind to each other and you didn't pick and choose who got a valentine - equal treatment for all! And I love those minutes you pictured and can never find them anywhere!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Jeanie!

Susan

Lori Lynn said...

♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY & PINK SATURDAY♥♥

JudyBug said...

Happy Valentine's Day. What a cute post. I love the little mints.

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Jeanie, I get a toothache just THINKING about the goodies tucked away within these beautiful boxes. In the group picture, it was the cream colored one on the bottom right that was my favorite. Happy Valentine's Day to you, xxxxoooo, Annie

Unknown said...

Happy V Day!

Anonymous said...

Love the candy - will take one of each. LIke you I adore the real roses. Geez, your pictures are great. (and my candy appetite has pricked up its ears!)

Very very curious about the book you're making for Rick (?) - what a WONDERFUL tradition!

I am about to embark on a homemade red velvet cake (though my favorite part will be making the butter/cream cheese icing.)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

anno said...

Mmmm..... those mints remind me of some my mother used to get long, long ago, and I'd completely forgotten them until now. Beautiful pictures! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day!

JessInFocus said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love all the pink.

Joanne Huffman said...

Looks like a wonderful place to be on Valentine's Day.

Joanne

Char said...

Beautiful display of hearts, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

♥Mimi♥ said...

Happy Pink Saturday, oh, and ♥Valentine's Day♥ too!! What a beautiful pink day today. Thanks so much!

PS: A little late. Spent the day and evening yesterday with my little grandsons. Nothing like three, handsome men for distraction!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie
Just stopping in to say hello from Canada. Two of my American Cousin's live in Lansing. I here it is beautiful.
Love your blog and your pink post. Your fur baby is precious and I'm glad he brings love to you when you need it most.
Love Claudie
xo

Deanna said...

Hi Jeanie!
I think I would take the soft mints! YUM!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day!
Deanna :D

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy PS & Happy Valentine's day! just look at the candy boxes!.. I love those boxes!.. am drooling now.. not for the chocolates but for the boxes.. hehehehe silly me.. have a great week!

Kathy said...

Beautiful boxes and goodies, Jeanie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day, Jeanie.

That is a dream store. I would love gazing upon all of the lovely displays. My favorite is the pale gold box on the bottom right.

Anonymous said...

happy belated heart day girlie! you are such a loving partner, rich is so fortunate to have you as his valentine.
xox

Jeanne said...

lovely

Rosa said...

How pretty and appropriate! I too have to announce my winner!! Once I pull it!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I loved the candy shop visit..everything looks beautiful. I wouldn't know which to choose. Happy belated Pink Saturday and have a great day.

Loretta said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I loved your post. I wish I could visit that shop!

Popular Posts