Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye, Lake

Vacation is at an end. Rick and I just wrapped up a tough game of Scrabble and I won, which I never do!

Everyday has been lovely. I've especially enjoyed being able to blog more freely and enjoy the wonderful comments. If I haven't answered off line, forgive me. I'll try to catch up!

Although it was the warmest of all the days today, you can tell fall is near -- the occasional brilliant red branch popped up now and then as I went to pick up Rick from his bike ride yesterday.

Of course I had to stop in at Cynthia's Yarn Shop in Mackinaw City, where I bought more than a few items, including two patterns and some wonderful yarn.

Today, more art -- finishing projects. Rick surprised me with a picnic in the woods -- that was fun!

And I started Bob Newhart's biography. I love his deadpan humor.


Of course Rick had to ride!


And Gyppy had to nap!

And then a beautiful sunset to see us off.

How I hate for it to be over!

11 comments:

Rosa said...

Sorry you have to leave. It sure did look like a great visit though. Safe journey home.

Unknown said...

Great photos! I want to go to that yarn shop - oh, what fun I could have!

jet1960 said...

I enjoyed your vacation myself through the wonderful illustrated narrative you have shared. Time away from work seems to fly by too quickly doesn't it?

Karen Owen said...

I feel like my vacation's over too, having followed yours through all your lovely photos. Oh well, all good things must end, right? Thanks for taking me along!

Sugar Bear said...

This time of year always gets me down! I love fall but I really can't stand winter - well I like winter up until Christmas and then I'm ready for it to be over!
Karla

Beth said...

Oh,,I know you hated to end that vacation. But I hope your all rested up now. I sure enjoyed my long week-end too. I Loved all the pictures you took.
xooxoxoxoxoxoxo

JessInFocus said...

Aww! Leaving a great vacation is always the worst. I've really enjoyed your pictures of it. What a great time and a great place.

Joanne Huffman said...

The beach towels look like banners and flags from Vacationland. The yarn shop looks like a wonderful place to spend time. As usual, your photos are worth thousands of words and your words are perfect.

Joanne

paris parfait said...

Sounds as though you had a fabulous holiday! I adore Bob Newhart's humor. And what a treat for your husband to surprise you with a picnic - a lot of men could take lessons from him on being romantic! xo

Linda Jo said...

What a wonderful time you had! Sounds perfect. Fall is my favorite time of year. Not only is the weather getting cooler, but the beautiful colors of fall are my favorites! Plus I look good in them. rofl

Beth Leintz said...

What a great relaxing vacation- and you made my knees grow week with the picture of the yarn store. My husband is a cycler, too- I think they're kind of crazy- he did a 500 mile ride through the Rockies this summer.

Popular Posts