Monday, September 8, 2008

Old Friends, New Times!

My oldest friend Nancy came to visit from Colorado this weekend, and bless her, she put up with a sick Jeanie with an obnoxious cold!

We met when we were small and her family moved away when I was five and she was four.


Somehow, our mothers managed to keep us in touch before we learned to write and do it ourselves. We've been friends forever!

Nancy's visit started out by stopping at a nearby pub.


She, Rick and I enjoyed seeing Greg's chalkboard he'd done for the bar.

Saturday had to include a trip to our most amazing Threadbear Fiber Store.


Fortunately, Nancy bought more stuff than I did!

After all that shopping (we then hit two other yarn stores; that takes a lot of energy!), she still had the wherewithall to go on a bike ride with Rick!

Sunday started out with the monthly "First Sunday" gallery walk in Old Town.

Then while Rick rode, we went out to the Cider Mill, all decorated for fall!

It was hard to say goodbye and take Nancy to her shuttle bus.

But good friends forever don't really say goodbye, they say farewell!

Farewell, my friend! It was great!


12 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

Isn't it great that you can pick up right where you left off with old friends?

(Love the pictures of the yarn shop!)

JessInFocus said...

Oldest friends are the best! Beautiful yarn!

Anonymous said...

I want to know how you have time to get anything done! You are always doing some fun thing!

Janet said...

Looks like you had a fun visit with your friend....I hope you're feeling better by now.

Shelley said...

What great photos and it reflects a very good time. Love the photo of Gypsy on your banner.

Joanne Huffman said...

How nice to have such a fun visit!

Joanne

jet1960 said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick and that it was while your friend was visiting. Hope you get over it soon.

It is great to have long-time friends like that. Looks like ya'll had a great time. You are both still as pretty as you were when you were little girls.

Take care of yourself!

Beth said...

Oh, even with a cold you looked like you had a wonderful time. I have a old friend like that and need to get in touch with her. We have known each other since I was two and she was three. Loved the yard and bike rides and cider and bulletin board too!
xxooxoxox

Unknown said...

Great photos! I love that first one - you guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness jeannie! that first photo just makes me yearn with the memories of days when i could express my enthusiasm with such wild abandonment! that is simply the sweetest b&w! i really understand that feeling of having history with a friend. you must be like sisters.... you look very happy to be able to hug her again :)
XOX

Susie Q said...

Old friends who know you well are the best! I am glad youhad such a sweet time!

Love,
Sue

Rosa said...

How fortunate to have an old friend like that. I have one from elementary school and two from jr. high that stay in touch like sisters. I know how wonderful they are. What fun you guys had!

Popular Posts