Friday, September 12, 2008

My Feet Stink! (Not Literally!)

There are those of us who have lovely feet and can wear any shoe.

That's not me.

The other day I went to take my shoes in to the pedorthist (whom I call the foot goddess, because she is so amazingly good). Keela Yount, Mid-Michigan Pedorthic can make heel spurs not hurt and make walking infinitely easier.

After having pain on the side of my foot for awhile (plus this big bump on top), I had it xrayed. It came back with a long report with lots of words I couldn't even find on the web! But basically, it meant that I had some arthritis in the foot.

Keela is adjusting my orthotics, so it will take some of the pressure off the bad parts and even things out.

This is NOT my foot...

Keela's showing how she's lifting up the inside to flatten out the hurt part.

I know. Too much information. But I am so fascinated by all these bones and all the things you can do -- just the way you walk can make other parts of you hurt.

The end game? If your feet hurt all the time, see a pedorthist (and if you live in Michigan, I recommend Keela!). You may be able to correct some of that pain with the right shoes.

Coming this week -- a tutorial on making tag recipe books!

9 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

OMG!!! You took a picture of the bottom of MY closet!!

KRCampbellArt said...

To me this was very interesting. I've had plantar fasciitis! Not fun. I live in Berks or my orthotics. I've never heard of a pedorthist?? I feel this is something I should know.

JessInFocus said...

That is interesting. I don't think I have ever heard about a Pedorthist either.

KRCampbellArt said...

I don't know John Kelly. Is he associated with Elderly? I looked a long time at Ron Ewings instruments but in the end wanted to try to build it. Any thoughts of rejoining the dulce world? See you at Evart next year?? Or Italy?

JessInFocus said...

I forgot to tell you that Cliff is from the Grayling area (about 45 minutes south of Traverse City).

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Anonymous said...

poor thing! i imagine that would be quite painful. i know heel spurs are terrible to endure. i am glad you have a pedorthist who is good. i have never in my life heard of a pedorthist. hoe does that translate in levels of medical education terms? MD. RN, DO?

i thought at the end you were going to say... "coming next week... a tutorial on home made orthotics..."
tag books will be better :)

Beth said...

I have foot pain and other aches and pains too. Its not fun having all those pains espiecally in the feet that have to hold up the rest of your aching body.
xoxooxoxoxoxo

jet1960 said...

You are very funny, especially the "these are not my feet" part and the title, lol!

Hope your feet get to feeling better!

Rosa said...

I don't know how I got so far behind in your posts. Lord only knows. Poor you! I hope Keela makes your feet all better. Those inserts are just too cool for school. I had to wear corrective shoes when I was a wee girl because I was pigeon toed. It cured that but now I'm knock kneed! hehe. Oh well, my fat legs won't let them knock any more. I always want to take my camera out while at the docs. Maybe one day. Have a great weekend J! xo

Popular Posts