Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweet Treat!

Back in my "Sherry" post, I mentioned the chocolate truffle pie. So, if you've been longing for chocolate, here you go! It's super easy!

Chocolate Turtle Truffle Pie

1 chocolate wafer pie crust

1/2 c. chopped pecans -- sprinkle over pie crust.

Melt:
17-18 individually wrapped caramels
1/4 c. evaporated milk

Pour over pecans

Melt:
1 + 1/2 c. chocolate chips
3 T. butter

Pour over caramel

Top with a crushed up Heath Bar.

Chill several hours (I did overnight) but serve a room temperature. Serve with whipped cream.

NOTES: I got this recipe from my friend Pat. I had trouble with the chocolate seizing up when I melted it. I did the micro-method. Next time, I'll do it on the stove, stirring like a crazy lady. Still tasted as good. I also used fat free evaporated milk. I don't know why; there's enough in this to clog serious arteries!

I am going to try this sometime as a candy-like thing, making my own wafer crust and putting it in a 9x9 pan. It's very dense. And very delicious!

18 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

Looks super delicious! Must give this one a try!

Jane Rosemont said...

I've been saying I'd like to try making some treats, and this looks like a good way to start. Thanks, Jeanie!

Anya said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Yummieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
CHOCOLATE :-)

Janet said...

OMG!!! I think I've died and gone to Heaven! That looks and sounds so decadent, and just like something I'd love. I have to try this one.

HerzBlatt said...

It sounds great.....yummy....But unfortunately I want to lose some kilos until spring and spring officially begins at March 21, so I haven`t much time.....Perhaps I cook the cake after the 21st...psst....

beth said...

I don't love baking, so how about I just come on over about 6 for a little slice and a cup of tea ?

ps......YUM YUM YUM !

Mae Travels said...

Someone gave me an ultra easy tidbit recently: a mini pretzel with a rollo candy melted onto it and a pecan on top. Sort of a turtle-like thing. This sounds like a superior way to do it.
best... maefood.blogspot.com

joyce said...

I think I picked the right day to jump back into blogland...yummy!!!!!
(What's a Heath bar.....I'm sure we have something like it, but what's in it?)

BONNIE K said...

This looks wonderful! Everything I love is in it!

anno said...

Oh, wow! This sounds fabulous, and you make it look so easy, too ... dangerously delicious!

KRCampbellArt said...

Oh my! Does that look good!

Joanne Huffman said...

I will definitely have to try this. It looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love pecans and chocolate. Looks yummy.

Julie H said...

Oh my goodness that sounds wonderful and dreadful all at once. I think I will have to try too.

Pugelicious said...

This post made me laugh. I have been trying to lose weight this week and that looks way to good. I am glad it is not in my house - I may have to devour it.

Linda Jo said...

I really did NOT need to see this. I'm printing it out and making it. Gee, thanks.

~*~Patty S said...

ooo looks and sounds scrumptious!
thank you for sharing Jeanie!
oxo

Rosa said...

Not looking, not looking. NOPE.

Popular Posts