Friday, May 22, 2009

Really, It's May

Although you wouldn't know it was May based on the fact that I'm wearing a heavy turtleneck sweater and a shawl (but I did take off the jacket) to the East Lansing Art Festival. (Here with friends Rhonda and Judy.)

The station had a booth with Clifford the Big Red Dog as an attraction. When Clifford was there, kids and families flocked! One little girl was so beside herself, she simply couldn't tear herself away.

It's a good thing we weren't busy while she was there -- she had plenty of time to hug, smile, laugh, hug some more...

Yes, even adults wanted their photos with Clifford -- and so did dogs (or dog owners!), like Judy's husband, Dick, here with Jack-the big black-and-white dog!

And for those who were shy? Clifford managed to win their hearts!

Some of our on-air folks were there, too, taking testimonials, including host Mark Bashore.

And ace social media guru Heidi twittered for WKAR!

I was there all day Saturday and part of Sunday (watch for my wine tasting notes in the next post!). But the best part was a little time off to help stimulate the creative economy! I wish I remembered the name of this stone person -- I carried home a couple of heavy things from her!

While I found some lovely jewelry and a few other fun things, by far my favorite booth was this one -- Elizabeth Westerman of Grosse Pointe, MI.

I loved her work and bought plenty of it! All my colors!

My friend Bob Sheap had his first ELAF show and was doing well as I went by.

And our booth neighbor, Rhonda Liskey, makes fabulous raku pots and these jamming jujus (on the wall behind her). I really wanted one of those, but couldn't afford it today. Fortunately, she's local.

I really enjoyed a good conversation with her on starting out in the art fair world. Interesting woman, lovely artist.

Despite a gloomy, very windy Saturday (for at least part of it) and a cold but sunny Sunday, people seemed determined to welcome spring and creativity!

Of course running into friends was always fun -- like our friends Bonnie and Paul, whom I happened to find with Rick and Greg!

And there was lots of art fair color. Gotta love it! Don't want to do it. But I love it!

5 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks like a great event! Clifford seems like quite a character - the photos of him with the little girl are lovely!

beth said...

those extra layers....and it's may....oh I know how you feel and exactly what you mean !

the big red dog.....brings back memories !

Beth said...

We had several cool weeks and some rain too. I was finally slowed down by some kind of virus and able to post today.
The art fair looked like so much fun and sounds like your racked up with goodies! Hope to talk to you soon!
xoxoxoxoxooxxo

Relyn Lawson said...

What is it about Clifford? Every kid I know loves him. Or did when they were small.

I do love a good art fest. I'm glad you had such fun.

paris parfait said...

Looks like a great event. Nice to see Judy there too!

Popular Posts