Every year for maybe 20 years, quite possibly more, my friend Kate and I take two weeks (now; when we were working, it used to be a weekend!), and head north to the cottage to focus on art. We call it Art Camp.
Over that time our art has changed -- and it hasn't. We're better now. (Kate was always good -- art was her profession; I'm better. than I used to be) We did collage, painting, polymer and every combo thereof. My cottage guestbook is a journal I made during art camp. And of course we do other things. Read. Walk. (Well, this year my walking is hampered but Kate is walking. I did some.)
We hit the farmer's market and if it wasn't so bloody cold, we'd be swimming.
And while we were at the market, we stopped by the Otsego County Democratic Party booth to donate and tell them they were doing a great job!
No doubt about it -- we eat well. We've had lot of corn, tomatoes, Kate's fabulous turkey burgers, stir fry.
And yes, the occasional glass (or two) of wine!
Of course, there are always crackers, cheese and veggies, because all that art is hard work!
Unlike previous years, this time we didn't have set project, but did our own thing. I started out with a dog portrait of Teddy Graham, our newest "extended family" member.
Then I decided to do a photo from my birthday celebration.
This is the wine that Rick shared with me (that I'd given him for Christmas!)
And I decided to do it again, only one glass this time.
I had thank you cards to write, so I started doing some cards, too!
Meanwhile, Kate was working on several projects, hopefully for a new calendar. I could watch her work all day.
Our weather hasn't been good. I wish I could send my blog pals in England some of the rain we've been having. On good days, we paint on the porch, but on bad ones, I take the kitchen pull out ledge and Kate works on the desk in her room. It all works out.
There are some real chores on occasion. My beach is a mass of weeds -- or rather, weird grass that I have no idea how it gets there. I got about half of it under control -- and still have lots to go!
All has been wonderful apart from a relapse into afib that sent me home to the doc for a day. Fortunately, Kate stayed here, did her work and took care of Lizzie, too. Lizzie is our muse!
This is the tip of the iceberg and there will be another art camp post soon. But meanwhile, join us as we say. . .
Cheers! Life is good!
Sharing with: Talking About It Tuesday

No comments:
Post a Comment