Sunday, December 16, 2018

Holiday Fun: Decking the Halls

Time for another break from Britain to check out the holiday happenings on the home front. The house is finally decorated! Woo hoo!


I have a bit of a woodland feeling going in the living room. One of my favorite trees is the woodland tree.


Loads of snowflakes here...


...and some cheeful birds...


And a snow fellow or two.


Not to mention a nest or two in the tree!


A large, flocked wreath is on one of the cabinets. I found this last Christmas at half price and it's one of my favorites.


And two of my favorites are framed and in front of it! They get top billing!


Here's my little white tree I did last year at Southern Exposure. It just makes me so darned happy, just looking at it.


And the red chair has returned with Christmas colors on the back!


You'll find my Mexican creche over there, too. It was my mom's and I really love it.


On the coffee table, my "Fairy Forest" vignette. Took maybe 10 minutes to pull this together.)


Of course, the big tree is always my favorite. This year our friends Mark and Jan helped with the decorating!


As you might expect, there are always a few ornament favorites here. After all, this tree represents my biography. Places traveled, people loved, gifts received. The oldest ornament is early 1900s; the latest one, last week! The one below was on some flowers my dad sent me once. It's hard to believe he died 25 years ago this week.


Some of them are old favorites from my family tree, like this one...


...and this.


This was on my grandparents' tree, then to mom. Now to me.


Others include a few Christopher Radko ornaments. I have rather a lot of the small ones; just a few of the bigger size.


Some remind me of past pets...


...and favorite places.


My tree is a bit of an autobiography.


It reminds me of people who gave me the lovely ornaments and a childhood where that big ball was the first to go onto the tree.


It recalls past trips...


...childhood friends...


...a Marmelade Gypsy...


...and good times.


Near the tree, a swag I did at Southern Exposure a couple of years ago. This time it is flat instead of mounted on the wall.


There's more to share -- but I'll save that for another day! I leave you with a little bit of Christmas lights!


Merriest!

Sharing with:  Let's Add Sprinkles   

23 comments:

Mae Travels said...

As always your autobiographical decor is a pleasure to tour with you. It's not clear how many trees you have, but I suspect it's exactly the right number.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lynne said...

It makes me happy to see your trees and touches.
I like a tree and decorating that can tell a story.

No doubt because it is my theme too . . .
All the little baubles become untucked from their year of safe keeping
and are once again finding their way to open my heart.

Looking forward to your next pictures.
Time for me to find my camera and start snapping.
Merry Christmas Jeanie . . .

Iris Flavia said...

Wait, Jeanie.
Don´t you have a cat (in paradise)?
We don´t have the space, so I really do enjoy looking at yours!
Ow. So sorry to hear. My Dad is gone since 16 years now. I´m still wearing the ring he gave me for my 30th birthday.
Love the "London" one. Maybe, though, cause it reminds me of Freddie ;-)
Awww, and the pic of you two, so cute! And awww... everything... you could offer tours!
Thank you for sharing!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, as in paradise like jumping in the trees and all!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Your trees are such a fun and lovely way to celebrate - festive for everyone who sees them and personal for you.

La Table De Nana said...

Outstanding trees fiiled with cherished memories..my fave kind!It was 45 yrs this week re my mom:(
We never forget.
Happy you have all those memories♥

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love all of your décor! Your ornaments are so special. I love putting multiple trees around the house. I too have a tree that represents my biography. I didn't put that up this year so next year it will be even more fun to see all the ornaments again.

shoreacres said...

It's always fun seeing the delight you take in the season, and your decorating traditions. I don't remember seeing the "brat cat" ornament before; that one made me laugh!

The French Hutch said...

I love how you've decked your halls for Christmas, just beautiful! I love the flocked wreath too Jeanie and the little white tree. All of your decorations are lovely and the sweet pic of the babes. Oh, I see a few of my favorite London ornaments, seems we enjoy picking up the same souvenirs while in London...........Enjoy the season!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your trees are so festive and pretty, Jeanie. They're always so full and delightful with a theme to go along. I really like that forest décor - that looks like green milk glass to me, and I've always liked that. The little white tree with the pink balls is simple and lovely. And your sweet picture of the grandchildren is the best décor of all. : )

~Sheri

*I think you will like Nel's post today, as you love to travel and see interesting things.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Jeanie, you have a beautiful collection of ornaments. The stories behind each one are certainly special. You are the merriest of the merry my friend..Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

Victoria Zigler said...

I love that your ornaments are so special to you because of memories.

Rita C at Panoply said...

There is nothing like the halls all decked for Christmas! Jeanie, thanks for sharing your memories. They're absolutely what make Christmas! Your trees are fabulous!

Pam Richardson said...

Jeanie, your home is so festive and welcoming. I love your woodland tree, it is so pretty. Your big tree full of memories is my favorite kind of tree...showing a life well lived full of travels, family, and friends! Your guests are in for a special treat during this Christmas season!

Doodle T said...

I love all the ornaments...historic to last week...truly a life well lived with so much more to come. Your grand-babies are precious. Such a holly jolly home.

Pam said...

Oh wow....that is a lot of decorating you have put up. Looks amazing. Mom got rid of all her Christmas stuff years ago when she realized that putting it up was something she could not do. However, we did not have special ornaments from our childhood to pass down. I however have a lot that I have past to my kids and I still have my favs that go back years and years. Ones from my first years of marriage when we could not afford to buy and I made some. I love looking at those memories. Loving what you have going there.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Oh Jeanie your home is so lovely. Like your tree, the white and red tree, and all your woodland decorations. Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your big tree is just amazing!!! How do you ever get so much on it? Whew! That is alot of work for sure. Love seeing it sooooo much.

My name is Erika. said...

Your house is looking gorgeous Jeanie. I love all these festive decorations, especially all the trees. And thanks for the Christmas card. It was wonderful to see all those happy faces in your photos. Now I am off to see some more of your decorating. Hugs-Erika

BB said...

Oh, it's all beautiful!! You do such an incredible job of making it homey and warm. I really like the cake plate with the white bottle brush Christmas trees. So pretty and simple.

Rita C at Panoply said...

One can never have too much Christmas! It gives such pleasure just to let the eyes roam and settle into the memories of a good life! I love how you pack all the cozy in, Jeanie!

pilch92 said...

Everything is beautiful. You could charge for house tours. Have a wonderful Christmas!

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

Jeanie, I love all your Christmas treasures and trees. So many memories. I really like your white tree you made at Southern Exposure last year.

Popular Posts