Tuesday, December 18, 2018

More Hall Decking - The Rest of the House!

I don't know why I couldn't get going on decorating so quickly this year. Usually I'm done by Thanksgiving weekend. Ah, well. It's up now. And it's going to stay awhile!


In the last post, I showed you the living room. Here are a few more spaces in my little house. At the far end of the living room is the dining area. Yeah, I know. It's a little crammed. A lot crammed.


There's a tree, of course. I love this skinny white one.


Most everything on it is red, white or silver (a few exceptions) and like my other trees, a mix of things I love and things from dear friends.


The table is set, ready for friends!


My friend Barb had given me this sweet copper pot with an arrangement a few years ago. I decided to go with roses and mums. (Now the roses are fading, the mums fine and greens are ready to be added in to replace the older flowers!) By the way, that carnation in the center isn't part of the arrangement -- those were in vases!


I love my Radko music box snow globe!


I have two facing cabinets there. The china cabinet just gets a makeover on the top each holiday.


The other cabinet gets the outside treatment...


...and the inside treatment too!


In the family room, a pretty pared down mantle for me. Usually it has Santa people or snowfolk on it. This time, only a couple!



I got these fellows from an artist friend. She was "peddling" them for someone else. They fit my more rustic cottage style. I did the bird terrarium at Southern Exposure. I was going to put a bottlebrush tree in there but I got the mantle greens up before I remembered and I knew messing with it was a disaster waiting to happen so for once I refrained!


Looking the other way, my little cabinet serves as a bar area. Glass of wine, anyone?


And in the window, one of Lizzie's favorites!


So pretty when lit up at night!


In the family room, you'll also find my Southern Exposure sled. I removed the plastic snowflakes and put on some more rustic, natural looking ones. (And one more since then. Everything in threes!)


This terrific totebag that I won in The Painted Apron's drawing from Jenna is always visible on the door handle -- except when it is in use. Very handy making deliveries. (I also ordered some of Jenna's coasters for gifts and I have to say the quality on everything I've ordered has been excellent!)


My kitchen is very tiny but I do have room for a couple of shelves.


The sheep remind me of my time in the Cotswolds.


I always loved the sheep but they are even more meaningful now!


The other tends to get a mix of old and new "friends." And it's a great place to display a couple of seasonal teapots!


Those are the basics. Bits and pieces, of course are everywhere, but we'll leave you with Lizzie, the model.


Have a wonderful holiday full of family, food, lights and beautiful things!


Next time -- Christmas in London's department stores! Cheers!

Sharing with:  Let's Add Sprinkles   /    Pink Saturday    

33 comments:

William Kendall said...

You certainly go all out in decorating! Lizzie does good work in su-purr-vising.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

It makes me tired just thinking about packing all your Christmas decor up after the holidays. But in the meantime it's easy to see you have a great time putting the joy of Christmas into your house. Hope you have a few parties on deck so you can show it all off in style. Just gorgeous!

Regina said...

I love how you decorated your home. I know it's a lot of work. We did a lot of decorating too and I hope to write a post about it with pictures.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I love everything! The copper pot really stood out as something special and I love red with plaid accents! I would just love your home...I would want to touch everything though. Is that allowed? heehee! Holiday hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Everything is so festive. I love seeing others decorations. Mine are so eclectic and I love it that way. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

Marilyn Miller said...

I love seeing your decorations every year. I can't pick out a favorite. If I were there in person I would just have to stop everywhere and soak it all in. Oh the sheep and bottle brushes, then shelves in your kitchen. Of course I liked seeing teapots. And skinny trees loaded with ornament are so fun to see. Plus Lizzie is the sweetest for sure or all the ornaments.

Red Rose Alley said...

It was a delight to see all your Christmas treasures, Jeanie. Everything looks so festive. I particularly liked the owl ornament, the snow globe, your lantern (so unique), your kitchen shelves, and the pretty red roses in the copper tea pot. A copper tea pot was on my list, so I hope to get one hehehe. They are really hard to find. Most of the ones I've seen are too big. Your china cabinet is lovely, and you can see all your goodies through the glass doors. I think I'm going to come back to this post again, and see all your treasures before Christmas. You did a great job decorating.

Merry Christmas Jeanie.

~Sheri

*I love your fireplace, it reminds me of my mom's. She had a lot of brick in her home.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Oh my goodness, my friend jokes about "The Twelve Boxes of Christmas", but I have a feeling you go beyond twelve! Everything just looks so homey and welcoming. We went to the Cotswolds for our 25th anniversary. I just kept looking around saying, "Do these people realize what a beautiful place they live in?" It was my first and only trip to England and I'm so glad I started there! -Jenn

Pamela said...

Lizzie is adorable! You live in a winter wonderland. When I lived in the US, I had the Christmas dishes with the decorated tree.

Joanne Huffman said...

I love that your decorations all have meaning to you -it definitely adds to the charm and warmth,

Pom Pom said...

It's all so pretty and cozy, Jeanie!

My name is Erika. said...

I love the stories that go with different ornaments and decorations. That is how we do it in my house too. I love all the trees. I have my real one, a skinny winter woodland one in my dining room and a tiny tree with some of my daughter's childhood art on it. I think you had (or have) something like that which inspired me. And the little Scandinavian tomte too. I like yours but I have a collection too. It's so fun to see how people decorate. Hugs-Erika

Karen said...

Your home is so CHRISTMASy! It's great.
Best Wishes from my house to yours.
Karen

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I remember those Advent-calendars with pictures instead of chocolate (also as a kid I wasn´t that fond of sweets).
Oh, the flowers are beautiful! And, yes to music "boxes", I have a few, too. The last one was from ALDI and I "had to" eat cookies, LOL...
I love sheep! They remind me of the ocean and the dykes.
Lizzie must be very well behaved, even I would like to touch everything! ;-)

Valerie-Jael said...

So many wonderful decorations, it all looks so fun and homely. You put a lot of work into your decorations. Enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is unbelievable. I love all your trees and the little ones made me smile. One thing I also loved what how much better the sled looks now. It looked cheap and tacky at Southern Exposure and now it looks sophisticated and beautiful. Thanks for opening your home to us for Christmas.

Jams said...

Your fireplace with the tree sitting on the hearth is lovely. Enjoy all of it, Jeanie. So pretty.

BB said...

Yes, that's me again. I keep forgetting to change the name and URL. Bella

Running on empty said...

What fun! What a shame I can’t come and have that glass of wine with you due to distance. I know there would be alot of laughs. I can see the love in the Christmas tree, we too have an owl or two, it’s my hubby’s favourite.
Cath

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your home looks so festive and you know I love that! I enjoyed viewing your decorating and your sweet Lizzie is adorable! I’m partial to her name :-).

La Table De Nana said...

Your post is adorable.Full of whimsy and joy!
So tired of looking at Christmas over the top matchy matchy everywhere.
This is life.
This is so you.
Happy happy holidays to Mrs.Santa herself.And Rick and all the munchkins..big and little.

The French Hutch said...

Jeanie, I hope you leave this up awhile to enjoy after your late star, everything is so beautiful! So many sweet vignettes makes a home so Christmasy and cozy. I really love your mantel and fireplace. I have to remember that! Love your sleigh and oh sweet Lizzie enjoying the fairy lights. Merry Christmas Jeanie, enjoy all the joy of this beautiful Christmas season.

Victoria Zigler said...

When you post these kinds of things, I'm always torn between wishing I could come visit and check out all your wonderful ornaments and things, and being glad I'm not visiting for fear I'll break something by accident just trying to move around. Even I can tell you have some lovely things though.

Doodle T said...

A Christmas delight at every turn...wonderful. I love the photo of the little girl with Santa...is this you? What a treasure. Merry Christmas!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh Jeanie, your home looks so holiday happy! I LOVE your cozy corner by the festive fireplace, and that snow globe is gorgeous! There is something about miniature sheep that always makes me smile, and I especially love your fuzzy one :) And then I spy the candy cane tote on the door, I am so glad you are enjoying it! Thank you so much for the shout out and the nice review of Society 6! I know you will have a very Merry Christmas in your decked out home...oh and your kitty looks very comfortable!
Jenna

Olka said...

Oh God, this room with chimney is so cozy! I would love to spend my evening on reading some book or knitting in the place like this!
Your home is decorated and ready for Christmas. I also love to decorate my flat earlier to be able to feel the Christmas Spirit for a bit longer. But also this year I did it later than usually.
A lot of things are happening to me right now and I was too busy to make some crafty decorations this year. I'm using old ones this year ;)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

All so pretty and festive, Jeanie. Looks like Lizzie is a Christmas Kitty..Merry Christmas to you my friend..xxoJudy

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, Jeanie. This post is WONDER-FULL. Your home looks so festive. Love, love, love it.Your trees are so pretty and little Lizzie just tops it all. Bless her heart. My two have only played with the tree skirt so far. They just may get a cat-nip mouse in their stockings this year. I'm going back to have a second look at your home. I would love to see it in person some day. (wishful thinking lol)

Lynne said...

No doubt about it, you make it Merry!
What do your sweet “littles” think when they come for a visit?
Do they help rearrange?
Merry Christmas Jeanie and Rick!

Pam Richardson said...

Jeanie, your home is all dressed beautifully for the most wonderful time of the year. I love the skinny tree in the dining room and your mantel is so lovely. Lizzy looks like she is enjoying the season. WIshing you and Rick a most joyous Christmas!

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

I love how much you decorate your house for Christmas. Everything is so festive and I see how Lizzy loves it, too! I meant to wish you congratulations on 11 years of blogging. That's a long time, my friend!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Wow!! A reflection of a very happy, zestful, merry person: You!! I saw at least one advent calendar...

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love how festive your home is! Every room gets attention! So fun! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Popular Posts