Rick and I headed home early last week so I could get to a doc appointment. The day after that I turned around and came up for Art Camp, my annual time with friend Kate where we focus on art for two weeks. I'll have posts on that soon! Meanwhile, there have been nature sightings and good times at the lake with Rick. Cooking, friends, Lizzie, and yes, birds!
I finally had a better sighting of Harry North. These pix were taken with the Zoom, as he is pretty antsy and the second the porch door opens, even quietly, he takes off.
Good ears, our Harry has! His visiting time seems to be dusk. I keep an eye out every day!
Then there was this fellow. I think he is a cormorant.
And surprise! He has a friend!
I enjoyed watching these two, sometimes circling around each other, and then traveling as a duo for a bit.
Again, these were taken with the zoom. If you look below, you can see how far out they were in the lake and I really cropped it, so forgive the fuzz!
And speaking of critters, my girl has been enjoying the lake too, picking our her favorite spaces in every room!
I've painted a bit, finishing up the Workshop Week tutorials. Here are a couple of them.
And, I did this sunrise from a photo my friend Sharon took at their cottage on Lake Huron. (Yes, you can get a sunrise on Lake Huron, depending on where you live!)
Sharon and John met us for Happy Hour at my favorite up-north restaurant, Bennethums, and then popped over for dessert. It's always fun to get together with friends from home!
Speaking of friends coming by, our buddies Mark and Jan stopped by for lunch on the way home from a getaway weekend.
We were having brats, so Rick made buns!
He made a few burger buns too, because you know we'll be needing them! They tasted as good as they looked!
And yes, there have been plenty of tomato and basil sandwiches!
Even though I didn't stop the ice cream truck, I was pleased to hear that apart from "Turkey in the Straw," he also plays "The Entertainer." Seems like the constant repetition of either would be like water torture!
The sunsets are beautiful, and like the end of the day they bring, they remind me the end of our lake time isn't as far off as I wish.
But there's still plenty of time, plenty of fun. Art, friends, hopefully many warm days and dips in the lake.
And plenty of lovely warm evenings on the porch, savoring the end of the day/
2 comments:
A thoroughly enjoyable post. That last sunset was a masterpiece by both your camera and Mother Nature.
A lovely time! I sure laud you and your friends. I wish I could be more social. Your art is wonderful. Good to see your smiling faces.
Post a Comment