I'm back at the lake, having arrived on Thursday afternoon. Rick's on his way to South Carolina, via Pennsylvania and Maryland, then to visit friends and his dad in North Carolina. We'll connect in a couple of weeks for my birthday and more lake time. Meanwhile, for now it's just me and Lizzie. I'm glad my cousin David is down the road this week but there's a lot to be said for alone-time, too. Books to read, art to do, outdoor time!
For many years, I participated in the blog event "Paris In July." I really haven't read any books set in Paris or France recently or seen any French movies. But I've wanted to participate. So, on my first night at the lake, I went through some of my past watercolors and chose the ones based on my Paris photos to share.
Let's start with the icon!
The one above and the one below were both done from the same photo.
It's no wonder that this graceful structure is the image most immediately see and say "Paris!"
Below was our view from the Hotel Amelie. When you stood out on our tiny balcony, we could enjoy just a bit of it.
The Eiffel Tower is so tall, it feels like it is everywhere!
Walking around Paris is such a joy. Let's start at the "top," Montmartre. The dome of Sacre Coeur is nearly as iconic as the Eiffel Tower -- and certainly as visible from spots around the city.
When I see this one, I remember a wonderful walk with former blogger Peter, of Peter's Paris. It was a terrific day -- even though those hills were steep!
Let's walk along the Seine. I loved looking at the offerings of the bouquinistes.
We'll cross over to Ile de la Citie and look at Notre Dame. This is the "back side" but I think it is the most beautiful and most interesting.
And, if the feet are getting a little sore, we'll take a break at Parc Vert Galant!
Let's take a detour to Place des Vosges. If there's time, we'll visit the Victor Hugo home/museum.
Time for a garden and Jardin du Luxembourg is one of my favorites. It has everything -- flowers, a stunning fountains, sculpture and a pond where children sail their boats!
It's about time to head back to my friend's apartment. Let's stop for flowers . . .
. . . and a bottle of wine.
Then we'll climb the 95 steps to the apartment overlooking a courtyard, take off our shoes, open that wine and relax!
Next time -- more fun at the lake!
Sharing with: Paris In July / Talking about It Tuesdays
1 comment:
I LOVE the Eiffel Tower paintings!
I've never been to Paris, but it's definitely on my bucket list, and I'm very slowly learning French on Duolingo.
Lizzie looks so cute and cozy in that picture. I hope you two are enjoying your lake time and that Rick has a safe trip to SC/NC.
Post a Comment