But it's still early. Peak should be in a few days and I will (hopefully) be here to see it! Meanwhile, I'm savoring what I can -- and really, it isn't too shabby!
This is the morning view from the front window. I never tire of looking at it.
And yes, I know it looks a lot like the photo in the last post.
But it really is this year! Here you go, cropped, so the color pops!
Not all the trees are quite as bright, but there is a nice mix of reds and yellows. This is the view when I am in the back yard. I really do love the yellows!
Well, the red, too!
Apart from raking the pine needles and pulling the house together, I've been doing a few productive things! I got my cousin's fridge cleaned out and while I was there had a great chat with his next door neighbors, whom I've not seen in a few years. That was a real treat! And then there was a last visit to the farm market, which was very, very small, only slightly larger than this.
(But I did score some honey nut squash. Judee, over at Gluten Free A to Z had a terrific recipe so I bought four of them, along with some honey crisp apples.) I didn't have pomegranate seeds, but I used toasted walnuts with the apples and loved it. So did Rick.
I also spent an afternoon volunteering at the Otsego County Democrats, writing postcards. Bill and Holly were terrifically welcoming and I was glad to do something productive.
(Speaking of the election, I watched our US Senate Debate. Carson and Cam don't lay into each other on a bad day like these two guys went at it. Insults and veiled racist innuendos were hurled, along with twisted facts. Michigan readers, both Bridge Michigan and Politifact have excellent fact check pieces on the debate and I encourage you to read them, even if you already have a preferred candidate.)
I do. He's a tad more progressive than I am but compared to his opponent, he will deliver what we need or do his best to try and not follow the patterns of the past few years.
But I digress, and I know those thoughts are irrelevant to international readers and those of you the rest of the US! Instead, a sight I never thought I'd see in October! Dandelions!
And a fair amount of fungi. (Much of it was past its peak.)
I loved these two little guys.
And this one says it all. Fall.
I'll have more color for you next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment