I'm back at the lake, having arrived on Thursday afternoon. Rick's on his way to South Carolina, via Pennsylvania and Maryland, then to visit friends and his dad in North Carolina. We'll connect in a couple of weeks for my birthday and more lake time. Meanwhile, for now it's just me and Lizzie. I'm glad my cousin David is down the road this week but there's a lot to be said for alone-time, too. Books to read, art to do, outdoor time!
For many years, I participated in the blog event "Paris In July." I really haven't read any books set in Paris or France recently or seen any French movies. But I've wanted to participate. So, on my first night at the lake, I went through some of my past watercolors and chose the ones based on my Paris photos to share.
Let's start with the icon!
The one above and the one below were both done from the same photo.
It's no wonder that this graceful structure is the image most immediately see and say "Paris!"
Below was our view from the Hotel Amelie. When you stood out on our tiny balcony, we could enjoy just a bit of it.
The Eiffel Tower is so tall, it feels like it is everywhere!
Walking around Paris is such a joy. Let's start at the "top," Montmartre. The dome of Sacre Coeur is nearly as iconic as the Eiffel Tower -- and certainly as visible from spots around the city.
When I see this one, I remember a wonderful walk with former blogger Peter, of Peter's Paris. It was a terrific day -- even though those hills were steep!
Let's walk along the Seine. I loved looking at the offerings of the bouquinistes.
We'll cross over to Ile de la Citie and look at Notre Dame. This is the "back side" but I think it is the most beautiful and most interesting.
And, if the feet are getting a little sore, we'll take a break at Parc Vert Galant!
Let's take a detour to Place des Vosges. If there's time, we'll visit the Victor Hugo home/museum.
Time for a garden and Jardin du Luxembourg is one of my favorites. It has everything -- flowers, a stunning fountains, sculpture and a pond where children sail their boats!
It's about time to head back to my friend's apartment. Let's stop for flowers . . .
. . . and a bottle of wine.
Then we'll climb the 95 steps to the apartment overlooking a courtyard, take off our shoes, open that wine and relax!
Next time -- more fun at the lake!
Sharing with: Paris In July / Talking about It Tuesdays Sunday in the Art Room (SITAR) / Love Your Creativity / Share Your Style
71 comments:
I LOVE the Eiffel Tower paintings!
I've never been to Paris, but it's definitely on my bucket list, and I'm very slowly learning French on Duolingo.
Lizzie looks so cute and cozy in that picture. I hope you two are enjoying your lake time and that Rick has a safe trip to SC/NC.
Beautiful watercolors!
The balcony and the one after it have the most Paris vibes for me, a you are there feeling.
Enjoy your days at the lake
May
These are lovely, especially with a guided tour included. I lived on Paris at different times, as a student then an au pair, so I've done the tourist and the resident things, and see familiar places here. I particularly like the pointillisme piece, light and happy!
OMGosh Jeanie! These are spectacular! I'm so envious and impressed that you paint so well with watercolor. I just make a muddy mess. LOL Each one is special and so detailed. You know what's next. I would love for you to link up with FFO. I do like my alone time too. Wish I could do it at the lake. LOL Have a great day today.
Oh my gosh, Jeanie. You did an amazing job on these. I especially loved the Eiffel Tower done in pink and the wine bottles:) Have a grand day.
These are all so absolutely fabulous!! I love them so much.
I love your watercolors! You've definitely captured the impressionist spirit of Paris. You got some great perspectives on the Eiffel Tower.
This reminds me that we went to Paris almost exactly a year ago, to decompress after Olga's death. We stayed near Montmartre so I have a lot of pictures from that area.
JEANIE. I had no idea you had such a talent! No idea! These watercolours are absolutely superb! I cannot EVEN with this! Wow!
What a lovely stroll through the sights of Paris! Watercolors are truly the perfect medium for capturing the color and liveliness of the City of Light, and yours are gorgeous! But after navigating those hills around Montmartre and and climbing all those stairs to your apartment, I'm ready to settle in with a baguette and a bottle of wine, and a pretty bouquet of flowers on the table; time to enjoy the view.
Manchmal fahre ich für ein Wochenende nach Paris. Ein Bisschen shoppen, ins Museum, Kaffee trinken.
Mit deinen Aquarellen greifst du die Stimmung von Paris sehr gut auf. Wenn ich deine Bilder der Reihe nach ansehe, dann fühlt es sich an, als ob du mich auf deinem Spaziergang mitnimmst.
These are all so amazing! They make me miss Paris so much. It's been almost 13 years since I've been there. I will get there again, I'm just in a grand pause from international/European travel while the boys are young.
Enjoy your time alone! I agree that alone-time is not a problem! I had so many years of being single so I crave alone time!
You are such a Paris portfolio. You have been very prodigious.
Will you be having art camp with your friend this year?
All are so wonderful. You should have your own gallery exhibition. Janice
Hello Jeanie :)
Love your vibrant water colours, especially the Eiffel Tower, all three, and the Place des Vosges, ,and the last one where you had to climb all those steps to your apartment. The wine bottles are so good, I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a photo. Good job Jeanie! Enjoy your alone time with just you and Lizzie.
All the best
Sonjia.
Hi dear Jeanie, I absolutely love all your watercolours, dear friend! They are absolutely gorgeous! And Lizzie is a beautiful, sweet cat. She looks so relaxed! It's hard to feel stressed watching a cat sleep!
Thank you so much for sharing! I really appreciate your creative talent!
Your art is so beautiful!
Beautiful watercolors, Jeanie! I have never visited Paris--the only part I've ever seen was the de Gaulle Airport on a connecting flight from Italy..lol They had a "double screening" policy and my husband and I were chosen with a few others to go through security x2--a bit annoying to say the least.
Best wishes to Rick on his journey and enjoy your free time at the lake!
...Jeanie, you sure have been busy with your gorgeous watercolors. I'm envious!!!
Gorgeous paintings!!! Hubby's niece has lived there for about 25 years, and as we love her like a daughter, would LOVE to go!! But with my disabilities, may not happen. But if you decide to go again, let me know ~ she is a tour guide, so I can give you her name, and the name of the co. she works for. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful paintings!
bobbie
bobbie
Your art is delightful, you are so talented and have such a good eye for composition and color. These are just beautiful and a joy to see. Thank you for sharing !! Happy weekend, Virginia
I Loveeee your paintings-will you frame them?
What a splendid way to participate in Paris in July! Your paintings are captivating and make me wish I had been able to spend more time in that city in the past. Thank you!
I will always love Paris! You captured some of my favorite places! I love every painting, Jeanie and so enjoyed this post!
How incredibly beautiful and talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeanie, good Saturday!
It’s been a long time since I’ve been in Paris, but seeing your watercolors makes me feel like I was just there. Beautiful!
Lizzie is darling!
Beautiful ones, though... my dentist has "the icon" in real big on the wall. Dentist.... OUTCH! (No, she´s a nice lady).
Wonderful paintings!
I just found your comment on my book list post. Re Sara Woods, this crime barrister series started in the 60s and have been reprinted by Dean Street Press. They are well written. Heather Peck I've only just discovered. The ones I've read have been good.
You will have to make a return visit to Paris, Jeanie, and set up a stand with the bouquinistes along the Seine and sell your watercolours. Be sure to have good tales to spin to the tourists, who may doubt your authenticity when they hear your midwestern accent!
Fantastic! What a fun way to tour Paris--through your beautiful paintings!
Jeanie...yes, you know I have to say it...drama.....as Rick said to Lisa in the movie 'Casablanca' ..."We'll always have Paris!" Your watercolors are amazing and tell such a wonderful story. I felt I was there in the midst of all the hustle & bustle of activity but I also remember the many steps/stairs (your 95 steps, ugh 🥴) in so many of my trips across the pond....I don't think I could do them all again these days. LOL. Thank you for sharing your talent and I hope to see more of your work as you relax at the lake waiting on your Rick to return. I have to confess, I actually enjoy my quiet time when the Captain is flying...altho that seems like the time when something goes wrong, but as the saying from yet another movie 'Steel Magnolias', Clairee says..."That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." Hugs my friend. Stay cool.
You could absolutely have a little coffee table book re Paris.Your renditions are very very charming!
Such a joyous, vibrant post! Made me smile although I've never been to Paris! You also reminded me that I have a tiny Eiffel Tower cross stitch to finish and attach to a tiny jewerly box! Squirrel! Thank you for bringing the smiles in your posts.
So pretty, love the vivid colors. Like Monique said, a coffee table book with these would be pretty.
These are all gorgeous Jeaniie, how fun to work from you own photos...I've been snitching images for everywhere and have a huge travel bunch. I can't pick a favorite, but I love your architecture buildings and the humble bits of everyday life...no surprise. Love is the small things for sure! Sandi
Absolutely beautiful watercolours, Jeanie.
Enjoy your time at the lake.
Wow, these are all fantastic, Jeanie! I really love the ones of Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. BRAVA!!!!
Oh, My GOLLY GOSH!! How ignorant I've been so far of your fabulous gifts!! Your words are exquisite prose, but this!!! Greatest envy and enormous craving to be able to think a thought and draw a line around it to capture its true soul in sumptuous color. What a delightful thing to discover, and I don't know how I've been so remiss.
I hope your lake days are filled with sunny days---several soft Summer rain afternoons on a screen-porch with a book or easel would not go amiss, either---and blissful nights of sweet sleep, dreaming of Paris and any other lovely visions you might conjure. Do you have a gallery? Do you sell? Do you take commissions?
The paintings are looking so great
A truly wonderful post.
Love how you've shared your beautiful watercolours and woven a story line with visits to the scenes.
So well done, I loved it.
Cheers from me in the UK, I'm raising a glass of white wine :)
All the best Jan
Your artwork is amazing.
These are really lovely Jeanie. You made me feel like I've been in Paris. You really do have a knack for buildings. I would think drawing the Eiffel Tower would be difficult but you nailed all of them! Hope you have some super Jeanie and LIzzie time at the lake. Enjoy. hugs-Erika
So many wonderful images, and so many memories attached to them. It must be wonderful fun to go through them and relive those trips!
Hello Jeanie,
I wish Rick safe travels. Your watercolors are stunning, you are talented. I hope you and Lizzie are having fun times at the lake.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Your watercolours are stunning Jeanie. Loved all of them! Enjoy your time back at the lake.
Your art is incredible! Have you thought about putting your art on a site for people to order it on cards or coffee mugs?
You need to make a book out of your Paris watercolors. The y are magnificent! I especially love your playful use of color!!!!
Your watercolors are amazing! As I look over them, I feel a small light of wanting to visit Paris!! Enjoy y our alone time. Sweet cat photo :)
This post was SUCH A TREAT, Jeanie! So delightful to see your watercolors and come along with you on a Paris daytrip!
I admire Rick for riding those long distances. I'm curious as to how far he can travel in one day Jeanie? As the old saying goes, more power to him. Your watercolors are a pure delight! So talented! I agree with Misadventures, you should put them all in a book. I for one would love to get one.
Your Paris watercolors are fantastic, Jeanie! I especially like the ones with an array of colors. The charming street and cafe one is my fav with the Eiffel in the distance. And how wonderful that you've been to these places. Such great memories for you. I'm glad you are back at the lake and enjoying some nice alone time. It's good for the mind and body from time to time.
You are so talented!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Lovely art great subject-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
I am so happy you shared all of our gorgeous art with SITAR. Have a nice Sunday.
Jeanie, Thank you for taking me on a trip through Paris with your beautiful watercolors.
Wow, Jeanie! Your watercolors are stunning!
The Eiffel Tower in pink is such a delight, and those wine bottles look so real I had to do a double‑take!
Happy Monday!
What beautiful water colours and so many nice remembrances from Paris. Paris is truly a beautiful place with so many corners, small streets etc where you can find beauty, tranquility (if you go off the beaten track) and just wonderful houses. I long to go back there.
OH WOW! I absolutely love your painting style! The detail you add is incredible! Have you ever made books containing your paintings? One of your Paris paintings would be a perfect coffee table book!
I absolutely LOVE your paintings! These are terrific, Jeanie.
Impressionism at its finest. Monet would be jealous.
I love your art and Paris! Exquisite!
Love your paintings Jeanie..Too much detail for me..Thanks for taking me along to Paris.I've never had the pleasure!
I love your paintings of Paris and the tales you tell as you share your incredible art. Stunning. Happy SITAR.
Loved your paintings of Paris. I have not been to Victor Hugo's home, but the other places I have enjoyed. Oh to return!!!! Hoping Rick has a good bike trip. I saw pictures today of a train bridge that Eiffel built in the South of France. I felt much like the Eiffel Tower. It was quite beautiful.
I find myself feeling a bit envious of your time alone. I would so love to be home alone for a couple of weeks....
These are amazing, Jeanie! I love them.
Wow! What a lovely stroll around Paris through your artwork. I loved every minute of it! How wonderful it all is! How much of your art is framed and on your walls in each of your homes? I have my brother’s painting here. Both my brothers are artists. And my sister took up watercolor and painted my favorite tree at our lake for me. It is framed and hanging in my office.
I love, love, love seeing your artwork! Thank you for a delightful post!
wow, they are gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us for #parisinjuly2026 and for sharing your fabulous work!
Jeanie, these are beautiful watercolors that you created of very well known landmarks in Paris. It is such a beautiful city.
These are beautiful!! I love the one of your hotel.
These are sooooooo Great!!!
Post a Comment