Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A Little Easter in the House!

Christmas decorations remind me of home and past and I love revisiting those old friends. But Easter and spring just makes me smile! Bunnies and chicks, eggs and nests. It's spring!


This year I started with my hutch. Laura from Decor to Adore described hers as a "cabinet of curiosities" and I like that idea. Mine is, as well, changed up for the season.


In fact, I'd like to keep the doors open all season -- but I'd probably bump my head on the corner too many times!


It's a time to revisit tiny bunnies and some of my china collecting favorites, like this Fiesta jug. (The plate behind it was a gift from a friend who found it in Normandy and I love the colors!).


The little pink peat pot is one of several that were part of a peat-pot-making-spree several years ago.


The other side of the top shelf finds two bunnies in front of a favorite photo by Cheryl Rice, who is also one of our Cork Poppers.


Years ago when Cheryl was doing art fairs, I got this one and it's moved from room to room! Perfect for spring. (Aren't those shiny eggs cute? Target bargain section, $3 for two. They're place card holders!)


Down below you'll find my favorite Hall Crocus pattern jug. Those dishes always make a spring appearance, too. (And you'll see -- even in the kitchen!)


And of course, a little crystal to pick up the light. I'm very fond of these metal bunnies.


Atop the china cabinet you will find a few things near and dear to my heart!


This sweet wooden bunny has such personality, I can't resist him. I've had that egg in front of him for longer than I can remember. It's a favorite! The photo behind him is by my friend Jane Rosemont. Sort of perfect for Easter, don't you think?


The hydrangeas and baskets came from Southern Exposure. I love the lift that the bright green gives!


And of course you will note the sweet little baby-in-a-nest next to it. That's our boy!


Across the room on another cabinet is the wreath I did at Southern Exposure several years ago. It remains one of my favorites! (Southern Exposure workshops start again next month and I can't wait!)


I added in a few touches, a sweet velvet bird, among others. Couldn't resist.


In the corner, a little village.


This egg tree (and the one you'll see in another post) are golden oldies.


And I just love these!


The Pendelfin bunnies (along with Hummels) were my first collections, started as an Easter gift from my mom. I don't see them often now and it's fun to make friends with them again!


And of course, you have to have something on the coffee table. (Well, OK, usually there is a lot on the coffee table and little falls into the category of home decor!)


I found this small aqua box at Target in the almost-a-dollar section. ($3) The bunny was an "old friend" and I added the daffodils, eggs, moss and these cute Target lights (same spot, $3 per strand.) They had them in pink and natural too, and I need to go back for more!



Another table holds a large basket of eggs.


My second "cabinet of curiosities) didn't get much of a change-up inside.


But it was fun to add a floral swag, bunnies and an Easter banner at the top!


There is even a sprig of lily of the valley for the Greeting Angel.


And some cheerful flowers and fairy lights to brighten it all up!


Then, of course, there is the family room... but we'll save that for later!


Delighted to join in this week with Share Your Style, Share Your Cup, Simple Saturdays and Pink Saturday as links become available!  

36 comments:

Deb said...

Nice post to enjoy with my coffee this morning, Jeanie. I love all your Easter decor and how you have displayed it. I like the 'cabinet of curiosities' term, too. That's how I have always thought of china cabinets since I was a little girl. And I used to love my mother-in-law's, too. Packed full of tiny treasures. I'll drop over and visit your link. Your Easter tree is adorable. I make one every year, too. Not sure if it can handle paws of destruction this year, though, as Audrey is into a new phase of knocking everything off tables. I may have to keep it in the garage. lol And your wreaths and banner are so sweet. It's a wonderful time of year. Time to continue with decorating and grow some cat grass. :) Deb

Annie said...

Good morning, Jeanie. I'm dazzled.

Mae Travels said...

Amusing -- you have such a huge collection!

My association with cabinets of curiosities is from the Renaissance, especially the collections of Isabella d'Este who had whole rooms full of "curiosities," including lots of fine art that's now quite famous. I think of you as a grand Renaissance figure, in this context.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

La Table De Nana said...

You have Joie De Vivre:) I think I will take out a few things today..your little boy will love all of nana's treasures..how sweet you have the bunny collection started by your mom:)
I know those..from where? No clue..
The banner..the wreath..le cabinet de curiosités:)

La Table De Nana said...

PS..Saw le Cirque Du Soleil's KURIOS..Le Cabinet des Curiosités:)

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

You know I adore your style and enthusiasm. What a precious collection of Easter delights, full of color, memories, texture and interest in which you have created fabulous vignettes!
I say there is some Spring magic going on here!
Hugs,
jemma

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So much lovely spring decor to enjoy. I love that 'cabinet of curiosities' and shall rename my secretary that! I'm trying to downsize still but love my Easter and bunnies too much to get rid of everything! If the sun comes out today I think I'll take photos to share. Hugs!

Pam Richardson said...

Jeanie, what a beautiful post of Easter collections and memories that accompany them! There is so much eye candy and the cabinet of curiosities is so interesting and pretty...Happy Tuesday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, your decorations are out of this wold gorgeous! It all looks so pretty and homely and welcoming. My place looks a mess, by the time I get home from the clinic I just have the energy to do nothing! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Joanne Huffman said...

You always have the greatest seasonal decorations!

Marilyn Miller said...

Spring/Easter decor just brings a smile to my face. You do it so well. Love the Hall jug, bunnies, and flowers of springtime. Thanks for sharing your JOY in your decorations.

Lynne said...

Jeanie . . . so many pretties you have in your collections.
I need to get busy and spruce up my spring decorating.
First I have heard of Pendelfin figures . . .
Happy Spring pre Easter Days . . ,

Sandra Cox said...

Pretty! Looks like you're ready for Easter.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love all your bunny's, you really have quite a collection. I am so sorry that I gave away all the Easter Egg Houses that I painted. love your wreath also.

I would say that your ready for Spring and Easter.

Hugs,
Mary

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well, you are such an inspiration with all your endearing little things for Easter! I must say that the season motivates me to all things "bunny", especially storybooks. I guess I need to get crackin'! Haha!

My name is Erika. said...

I don't have very many Easter decorations, but you inspired me with your banner post and I'm in the process of getting ready for spring. Kind of hard to get too excited since we've still (and are suppose to be getting) more snow. I am glad to see you showed your banner hanging up and love seeing the new little one's photo too: You look ready to go. :) Happy almost end of March. Hugs-Erika

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It's coming, and I can't believe it's almost here! Well, I can say I saw a wild rabbit out my window yesterday, right around dinner time! He comes every time I cook with ONIONS!

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad having your Easter decorations up is giving you a reason to smile.

Annesphamily said...

Good morning, I love Easter so I really love the contents of your curio. You have a sweet display. Happy I was able to stop by and say hello. I hope you have a terrific day. HUGS

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have such a clever eye for these types of vignettes. I adore this. One of the T Tuesday participants has a tree with lots of eggs. She even shows how she made them. Your tree is much fancier, though. I'll send you the link if you want it, or you can go to my T post this week and click on Eileen's post/link.

Sandra Cox said...

That first setting is especially lovely.
Have a great one.

Pam said...

You have TWO blogs to follow. HAHA....Don't you just love photographing your things and sharing them. I have done a couple of rooms in my house. I love my things!

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations especially Lamb Chop sitting on top. Everything is gorgeous.
Marion

shoreacres said...

When I was a child, my grandmother and nearly every one of her friends had what was called a curio cabinet. It's an old, old term -- apparently spiffed up now for a new time. I have two in my dining area, but what to do in such a small apartment? Easy. Craftsman style media cabinets. The shelves are onlyl 7" deep, but they're perfect for much of my china collection.

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

What a beautiful post. I love Easter it's my favorite holiday. I have collected bunnies since I was a little girl. They make me smile.

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

Jeanie, your white bunny is exactly like mine! I'll show him next week in one of my blog posts, but mine is standing by eggs, also.

our life in france said...

How wonderful to have such an array of wonderful pretty memoriesvto display, it warms my heart x

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, that bunny with the personality.....I saw one just like it at Hobby Lobby today, and wanted to get it! Your hutch is pretty, Jeanie, displaying all the special things that you love. I think the hutch is a fascinating piece of furniture because it shows many items of the person it belongs to. The Pendelfin bunnies are too cute. I can see that you love to decorate for Easter as much as Christmas. Wonderful!

~Sheri

Marcia said...

There's more!!!! YES! They are known to multiply, aren't they. ;) Love every detail, Jeanie, and I agree that color of green brightens things up. I seem to gravitate toward it these days.
The picture of the baby melted my heart. <3 <3 <3

Joyful said...

Wow,Jeanie, you have a lot of Spring and Easter ornaments and collections. After the long, cold winter, it is lovely to see all the happy and whimsical items to remind me of Spring. Enjoy!

Danielle L Zecher said...

The hydrangea baskets are beautiful. I love bright green! It's just such a happy, vibrant color. Nothing says "Spring is here!" to me quite like bright green.

Mary K. said...

Jeanie your angel is exquisite. I've never seen anything like it before. Your home is beautiful and so full of spring cheer.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your house is so festive! I love it! We do not have any Easter decorations - that's something we'll get once we start a family, I think. I did buy some yellow tulips yesterday make things look a bit more springy around here, though.

That fiesta water jug is so cool - I've never seen something like that!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You have so many fun things! The crocus pitcher is fabulous!! I have a pretty aqua Fiesta pitcher that my friend found at a thrift shop for me for $2. It's the newer Fiesta, but still; it had an original price tag on the bottom of $48. Easter and spring just make me happy as well! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Daniela said...

I so love all the Easter decorations making your home even cozier, darling Jeanie, and your bunnies are all so, so cute, I couldn't tell you which one I do prefer ... maybe the one singing while playing the piano !

Wishing you a joyous Sunday
and new week ahead
with sincere gratitude

XOXO Dany

Sally Wessely said...

I honestly don't know how you get this all done. It is just delightful. I love it.

Popular Posts