Sunday, March 3, 2013

Random Bits

It would appear that spring will never get here. To all my Bloggies Down Under, I savor your springy posts! 
Here's what it will look like when it arrives in Michigan. Someday.
*****
Magazines multiply like bunnies. Only they never seem to hop away. Sorting, ripping, piling, tossing. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
*****
I made 84 mini-carrot cupcakes today Thursday. Why? Because I can. And because my art friend Kate is being surprised by a retirement/birthday party.

Or was, because this won't post till after the gig!   
The gig is up and she was really surprised! And the cupcakes were deicious!
*****
I am beginning to see Easter out in the stores. And while I generally don't go in for a holiday display too far in advance (really, does anyone think they should put Christmas out before Halloween?), seeing all the shiny eggs and pastel M&Ms and chocolate bunnies seemed to cheer me. 

Of course, it's short cheer -- snow and slush appears as soon as you walk out of the door! Of course, I could start dying eggs any old time!Yes, I could.
*****
I really want to change my template and I'm a little terrified that if I do I will lose my blog. Maybe I need to wait till I retire for that one.
*****
I will never understand why I still get geeked up about Oscar night even though I usually don't see the movies till much later. Loved the musical numbers on this one.
*****
Looking forward to three upcoming PBS series -- "Call the Midwife" (Season 2), "Mr. Selfridge" (about the founder of Selfridge's department store) and "The Bletchley Circle," which follows four women codebreakers after WWII who reunite to catch a serial murderer.
*****
March 2 and all the Christmas is officially down from the house. I think. Never know when you will find something you missed!
*****
Lizzie Cosette seems to find her inner alley cat every time I go to bed and she pounces on legs, feet and toes with the slightest movement. 
This isn't too bad in winter with layers of quilts and blankets, but I'm getting a little worried about spring and summer.
 
And yes, I still love her.

(The photos of Lizzie are by my friend and fellow blogger Judy Winter (c. Judy Winter Photography). All part of a great photo shoot; I'll share some others sometime soon! Photos from Midwife and Bletchley are from PBS Pressroom.

23 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Jeanie. I'm a great admirer of Miss Lizzy. She is my kind of kitty . . . and small doggy . . . and frisky hubby. How little enticement is needed for so much fun. Teehee.

Joanne Huffman said...

This has been a very dreary and depressing winter. I, too, am yearning forward to spring. Lizzie looks adorable.

anno said...

Loved your comment about Christmas being officially down from the house... we're still finding evergreen needles in unlikely corners.

Like you, too, we're looking forward to spring. Saw sunlight today, a duck egg (at last). Small moves, but I'll take them.


Love the pictures of Lizzie... those are some intense green eyes, there!

Jeanie said...

I am also looking forward to Spring and to the new season of "Call The Midwife". I will have to check out the other two shows you mentioned.
I would love to have had one (or two) of your mini carrot cupcakes. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie is quite the gal. I love her close ups.

84 mini-carrot cupcakes?!? Wow! I bet they were delicious.

I'm longing for spring, too. We walked yesterday and we saw some sort of ornamental fruit tree that was beginning to bud. I'm so excited.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Like you, I get all excited about the Oscars every year, though I haven't seen most of the films. Have to admit I get all caught up with the fashion, too. We can't be serious all the time, right?

Sally Wessely said...

This was such a delightful post to read. I loved the photos of that precious Lizzie.

I want to change my blog too, but I am a little afraid too. Plus, I don't even have time to read blogs these days, so why do I think I have time to mess with the format of my blog.

skiourophile said...

Lovely photos of Lizzie. Those eyes! The Bletchley mystery sounds fascinating - must keep an eye out if it makes it to Oz.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It's currently snowing here so spring feels VERY far off for us, but I know it will eventually come. I know it will be very nice when I move to Charlotte, which is just over a month away so I guess I have that to look forward to!

I am looking forward to Easter. I love all the pastel colors and the fun of Easter egg hunts and such. I will be celebrating with my family at the lake and can't wait to see them all one last time before I head south.

Friko said...

It’s really quite perverse: I get exited about new US series coming to my telly.

I never watched the Midwives (only the Christmas special) and I never watched Mr. Selfridge. The Bletchley thing is a thriller and quite fun.

It’s a weird world.

HerzBlatt said...

I sometimes find a chocolate Santa Claus on Easter and an Easter egg on Christmas....:-))
You write that you want to change your template and don`t dare. I have opened a second blog and tried to change things I wanted to......So I was not worried to lose my blog, beause I could see what happened when I did things to change something.
What about your health?? Are you better?
Best wishes
Iris

Introverted Art said...

Jeanie these photos are so bright and colorful. Beautiful flowers and that cat face is just so sweet!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

As much as I enjoy spring, I am very excited that we may finally get some snow here in the Wash DC area ... time will tell if the weather guessers got it right ... fingers crossed :)

Your new blog look is very nice great colors and design

I am such a fan of PBS and those shows each look super

Lizzie sure is a pretty cat and may outgrow some of her spunky behaviors?

Happy March Jeanie
oxo

O-town Ramblings said...

It sounds like you have the same spring fever I have. There is hope though. In the flower bed next my side door there are little green shoots of spring bulbs coming up! I look at them with longing every day.

The PBS series you mentioned sound interesting, especially the one about the four women code breakers. I'll have to check them out.

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmm... I was just thinking about carrot cake this weekend - the cupcakes sound wonderful and bite sized too is a plus!

We're expecting 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow so I'm thinking spring may be a little late here too.

Leann

The Artful Diva said...

What kind of flowering bush/tree is that - magnolia?

Marilyn Miller said...

What a sweet kittie. As Joey brought his favorite toy to me as I was sitting waking up in the dark of the bathroom I wondered it the little rings were still in your house and if Lizzie had discovered them.
I also am excited about these upcoming PBS shows, though I wasn't aware of the last one mentioned.
You must be feeling better with Christmas finally tucked away.

Jennifer Richardson said...

your photos are so fun
as is thinking forward toward the warm days ahead
...my toes are so tired of being cold and my bones are so sore
from working out in the cold wind.
whoops...i think i'm complaining
and i'm a southern girl; what do i have to whine about:)

i thank you for the springy hope
you share,
Jennifer

anon said...

Dear friends you all know that is not easy to leave a relationship of about 5years and forget it and all the feelings that you both have for each other. That was my problem that i was having for the past 1month now i was really feeling sick and wanted to take my life but thanks be to ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com who help me with a reunite spell for me and my ex husband and now i feel so happy that we are both back again and living happily more than ever before thank you doctor ekaka.

shoreacres said...

Those photos of Lizzie are fabulous.

I understand that "let it be" impulse when it comes to the blog. I've sometimes thought I should change mine from shoreacres to thetaskathand, but I've read such horror stories about people trying to change names I think I'll just let it be.

If I'm going to do anything, I need to do some spring cleaning in my files, and do some backup. Just in case, as they say. ;)

jet1960 said...

Wish I had one of those cupcakes!

Love your pics, as always, especially of your new kitty! Love, love the one you used on Facebook! Having Lizzie and Gypsy in the same shot it so speciial.

Thanks for the heads up about the new shows. The Bletchley Circle sounds like just my kind of show.

Christine said...

The carrot-cake muffins were yummy & so is Lizzie! Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming pbs shows. Are you getting http://www.theartisttoolbox.com/?

Jenny Woolf said...

We don't have much of a tradition of dyeing eggs here, and I think I had better start one...yours are just beautiful.

Popular Posts