Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Little Bit of Hall Decking!

I'm not sure why I'm just finishing decorating when we had that early Thanksgiving! But I'm more or less done (you won't see the bedroom here) so let's deck the halls! (Cue the Music.)


Let's start with the entry! I have bad outlets and worse extension cords (and lights that don't seem to fit into the cords I have, and I've no idea what that's about!). So my little ladder is quite near the door. That's a tree behind the cat, though it mostly looks like a giant swag here!


But that's OK! It looks cheery! The gate with the wreath on it was a Southern Exposure project and not my favorite but it works at Christmas!


My work friend Mary Jane made me the Santa several years before she died. It's a real treasure!


And I promised I'd show you the wreath I did at Southern Exposure earlier this month. It shaped up.


So, c'mon in! The greeting angel will welcome you. (I've yet to decorate that wee tree behind her on the wall; it will have my mini-Radko ornaments and a few Shiny Brites.)


Head straight to the living room. I was glad Rick helped me with the big tree! It took awhile.


But it is my favorite. I call it my autobiographical tree. My story. Everything on there is something related to family past and present, good friends, our trips together and pre-Rick, the cats, a gift or something I bought just because I liked it!


I have a few trees in there. This is the woodland tree. It will stay up into January.


No Santa or Christmas-specific ones here --  just winter.


I think it's my favorite.


In the corner, a Santa and wonderful poinsettia that I haven't yet killed.


And yet another Santa! I do like Santa!


Look the other way and in the dining room you'll see the winter tree (another one). This stays up later, too.


These are the branches I was working on during our Crafternoon. They worked out well here.


The hutch was filled with my Santa buddies.


Lots of them! (The snow people will replace them after Christmas.)

                        

And atop the china cabinet, yet another scene. Oops! What's that Paris postcard doing there? Bad blogger photographer! Well, you get the idea!


A wider look.


Come on into the family room.


It's my favorite because it reminds me of all the knotty pine at the cottage, so it's my cottage room!


I was very big into my bottle brush trees and fairy forest this year.


So, they didn't just get on the window sill...


...they were all over the mantle, too.


There's something about them -- the texture, the color, the old-time feel.


I especially love the bottle brush wreath!


I have lights in the fireplace. In front of it, my little wooden shoes...


...and of course the Christmas cards!


And cards on the wall too, but these are the old ones!


There are a few wreaths in the family room. This one was a revamp of last year's Southern Exposure project (HERE).


And I found this one at a ridiculously low price on Black Friday and glitzed it up a little.


I love the lighted branches.


And in the corner, this little dry sink serves as my bar area.


Let's take a quick wander down the hall opposite the bathroom. I took down the "France" paintings and photos in honor of Christmas. Here you'll see a Christmas card painted by my dad; several Christmas cards from Debra and Carrol Spinney, who has played Big Bird and Oscar on "Sesame Street" since Day One and the nicest guy ever; a Mary Engelbreit that was a gift from a friend; a photo by my Cork Popper pal Cheryl and a couple of art fair finds, along with a grand old angel that was my parents. The spacing is odd -- but I didn't want to put up new nail holes!


And a peek into my office/art room. I made these snow folk several years ago.


And this little tree has mostly ornaments made by me or my creative friends!


And finally, a quick look at the kitchen. I love my little shelf with lots of teeny friends from long ago.


And the little marshmallow tree, complete with holly and a wonderful teapot.


And yes, there's more. Trees in the bedrooms and bathroom and little bits here and there. A creche or two or three. A little evergreen over some of the picture frames, Lizzie's cat tree and more.


But don't you think this post has gone on long enough? I do!

Sharing with Pink Saturday / Let's Add Sprinkles  / Share Your Cup / Happiness is Homemade /Share Your Style 

34 comments:

Joyful said...

My you really went all out with your Christmas decorations. There is no way I would ever accomplish the same thing, ha ha. I'm glad you got some help from Rick with the tree. It looks very pretty and that Santa your friend made you is a special decorative element. xx

Jams said...

I'm sleepless in VA tonight. This was the perfect post for me. I love it all, but that big autobiographical tree really rocks, and the bottle brush trees, and the welcoming angel, and the... It's all beautiful and looks just like you. You have such a tough. Enjoy it all through the holidays, Jeanie.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, you certainly have done a great job with all of your decoration, and they all fit together really well, and make your place look like a huge and happy Santa Magical Cave! Enjoy. I've managed my door wreath and a star and the poinsettias! Hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Dear Jeanie, I honestly don’t know where to begin it is all so beautiful! I know I would never want to leave your home if I was lucky enough to visit it all looks so warm and welcoming. The glimpse of snow through the windows adds to the feeling of Christmas and somehow completes the scene. The Santa made by your friend is wonderful and your posts could never be too long!

Tracy said...

WOW... wow... Jeanie! It is a real Christmas Wonderland at your place! You are truly Christmas Decorator Extraordinaire!! You deserve some prize for Christmas fabulousness! :) I love how your big tree is your history in Christmas for... Your woodland-winter tree is lovely--love all the frostiness a happy woodland critter-vibe. Your SE wreath turned out beautiful--love the red star for that "little extra!" Fun with the different sizes of tree--fat and generous, loaded with goodies...tall & skinny and elegant... Ooo--I like your blue Santa--he almost looks like one of the Wise Men, very much like the real Olde World Santa. I have an Aunt who collects anything Santa--she would love your collections. You cottage room is sooo cozy. Do you use the fireplace at all? I hope so! And a little peek of Miss Lizzie--hey, sweetie! Your using the dry sink as a bar is a great idea. I love dry sinks. Another Aunt has a old one which my Grandmother had--what a beautiful wood. Anyhoo.. just LOVE, love, love this post, my friend. HUGE Christmas spirit here! :) Happy Holly Days ((HUGS))

Joanne Huffman said...

I am in awe of your Christmas decorating. You should give tours.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jeanie!
Truly a Christmas wonderland! I love how you are embracing the season with your beloved treasures. For me this is exactly what Christmas is all about remembering the past, embracing the present and looking forward to the adventures that are waiting for us! Your enthusiasm and style is a true gift to me!
Love it all and oh that wonderful ladder too:)
Jemma

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jeanie,

You are amazing. Your home inside and outside and so festive. I love all the decorations, I love all the Santas too and the snowmen too. The wreaths are beautiful. My home looks bare compared to yours, lol. Love your sweet kitty!

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I would love a tour of your Christmas home any time! How lovely to have all those trees to decorate. I have 4 but they are mostly very small. My favorite is what I call my 'memory' tree. Ornaments from all over and things that just remind me of my life. A cat tree, a kitchen tree and a Paris/Pink tree in my bedroom. Whew! I'm ready to see more when you are ready to share!! Hugs!

Rita C at Panoply said...

I just love Christmas and those who love it like I do. The nostalgia of old decor, the memories wrapped in each one, the themes....all of it. Your halls are truly decked for Christmas, Jeanie. Now it's time to enjoy!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love it when you share your holiday decor! Your house is so very festive with all kind of things to delight the senses at every turn! You must have gotten your artistic abilities from your dad - I didn't know he was a painter as well. How cool to have a Christmas card that he painted!

Our Christmas decorations are so minimal right now but that will change now that we will have a little one as I will put more effort into it when he or she is a little bit older!

Marilyn Miller said...

Each year you amaze me with your decorations. They are just wonderful. Love bottle brush trees too. That woodland tree would be my favorite too. Oh so much to see and so whimsical and fun. Thanks for sharing.

Doodle T said...

Simply magical - the bottle brush trees are my favorite..you just can't have too many bottle brush trees. :)

Sandra said...

Lindas imagens natalícias. Bom fim de semana.

Privet and Holly said...

So much Christmas magic to love!
I think my favorite is your big "history"
tree....just gorgeous!
We are traveling this year, so my
Christmas touches were minimal,
but it was enough to feel cozy
and celebratory, and suits us at
this point in time : )
Savor all the wonderful moments
of the season, my friend!

xo Suzanne

Victoria Zigler said...

I bet everyone who visits you over the holidays loves admiring your decorations. I know I would.

Annesphamily said...

I am ooohing and aaahhing here! What a delight! You are my kinda person. I am not into this minimalism everyone thinks is the rage. Why look like everyone else when you yourself are not a carbon copy? I don't get it! Love the Santa's and that feather tree, I am going to dream about that tree! SIGH!

bj said...

WOW...it is all just beautiful, Jeanie...so merry and bright..my favorite of all....the Winter Tree...

shoreacres said...

By the time I finished looking at it all, I was just breathless. I do love some of the simpler decorations, like the bottlebrush wreath and the wooden shoes. Of course I love all the kitty decorations, and that big tree is magnificent. I do believe I might put my decorations on tomorrow. I was going to wait until I had the house cleaned, but I'd better give up that fantasy and just do it! The good news is that I leave everything up until Epiphany, so I'll still have plenty of time to enjoy it all.

Lynne said...

Christmas Decorator Extraordinaire . . .
Oh my, no way could I choose . . .
My eyes went hopping from this to that . . .
I found the Woodland Tree soft and quiet . . I liked it!
Nice to keep a tree up into January.
How many days does it take to do Jeanie’s Christmas House!?
And how do you keep the kitty from dismantling everything??
And I am sure you are doing some entertaining too . . .
Oh My, Oh My . . . what a treat . . .
Thank you Jeanie!

Pam said...

I can't wait that long to decorate, I have to enjoy my work for weeks before I take it down....haha...To much work involved in setting this stuff up! Everything looks great, you got it going on lady!

Tammie Lee said...

Wishing you a lovely time enjoying all your Christmas treasures.

My name is Erika. said...

I loved taking the house tour Jeanie. I love how you have all those Christmas trees. If my house was bigger I would have more too. I have my big live tree in the living room but a tall skinny woodland winter tree in my diningroom. I think a woodland winter tree is fantastic because you can keep it up after the holidays. :) January isn't any brighter than December. You have some fantastic vintage holiday items, and I really love the gingerbread house teapot. And did I spy some royal china? Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Red Rose Alley said...

I think this is the most decorated house I've seen in blog land! Everything looks wonderful, so festive and merry. And all the trees are just magical. I am definitely coming back to see all your Christmassy decorations in your home again. I think the winter tree is my favorite. : )

~Sheri

Sandra Cox said...

Your home is a winter wonderland, Jeanie. You put a lot of work into it, making it warm and welcoming.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! You deck the halls beautifully, Jeanie!
Everything looks so pretty! Just perfect!

Barb said...

I love seeing your decorations, Jeanie - I figure you do it for both you and me! (I do have some of my Santas out...) Merry Christmas. Your decorated home has put me in the Christmas spirit.

Maggie said...

Amazing! That's all I can say, you win the prize for the best hall and everywhere else decor this Christmas!
So festive!

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Jeanie, hope you're having a real nice weekend. I loved this post!! I like long posts! Thank you for inviting us into your home and to see all your pretties! So many to look at...love it! I love lots of collections and memories and neat interesting things to look at, things with a story. Love all your trees! Your big tree is merry and bright!!--love that. I also like the christmas pictures wall. I just loved seeing all your trees and their themes and all the different ornaments. Glad you liked the mermaid post, I do love going there for sure!--one of my favorite places. Smaller and much slower paced, very old fashioned, unlike today's big theme parks with all the wild rides and noise and such---much more my speed. LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How did I miss this? I keep getting weird messages that the page wasn't found when I click on your link, then the next time I see your name it's totally different. Regardless, I loved the tour because you know I LOVE trees. My favorites are the bottle brush trees, which I can't seem to find in KS and your kitchen trees. You have put so much into this, I feel rather like a slacker showing my paltry house tour this year. I really LOVE everything you did, dear.

Pam Richardson said...

Jeanie, I have savored every photo as I sit drinking my coffee on a rainy Sunday morning. I am sorry I am late to read your beautiful post, but I have been a little under the weather! Your home is decorated so beautifully! I love all your trees, especially the autobiographical one and I like that name for it. You have so many wonderful collections, I am glad to see I am not the only one. Your Santas and bottle brush collections are amazing. Your home is warm and inviting, just like a heart-felt hug. Thank you for inviting me in, I will be visiting this post again and again!

Polly said...

Wow what a joy the tour of your home was Jeanie. It’s a winter wonderland. Something beautiful wherever you look. My Christmas tree is like your big one with lots of ornaments that are old, new, three that belonged to my mother, sale bargains, one that my grandson made, a kangaroo! two from Las Vegas and the rest because I liked them.
I could never get Poinsettias to thrive, I’ve given up now! Love your bottle brush wreath.
I’m sorry I’m so behind but I want to say how thrilled I am to read your good news about the biopsy, as you say the best Christmas present ever.
Your ‘Ghosts of Christmas Past’ post is beautifully written, very poignant and a lovely tribute to your loved ones. That is such an adorable photo of you and Major, he looked like a lovely dog.
I love what you and your friends did with your crafts, such a clever idea with the gift bag and stamp.
Tea time now, I will catch up with the rest of your posts later x

Katie Mansfield said...

Precious. Thanks for linking up. It all looks so adorable. So homey and fun.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Well my sweet friend, it's all just delightful! It's such a wonderful time of year and I love everything about it. Your home is so festive and really invites the spirit! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts